Can't cancel unauthorized fraudulent transfer from linked bank account.

NoahS610
Contributor
Contributor

Found out that someone got into my account the other night, changed my password, changed the preferred language to French, and set up a large transfer from my linked bank account to the stolen paypal account.  I regained control of my account and changed the password and language back but haven't found any way of canceling the transfer.  It's currently pending and every email and call I've made to paypal support has gone completely unanswered and ignored.  The resolution center won't let me report the unauthorized transfer because it's supposedly money I am receiving, but I can't let the transfer resolve because it will overdraw my bank account.  I also can't unlink the bank account or simply close my account because of the pending fraudulent transfer that I am trying to cancel.  I've gotten nothing but silence from paypal support both by email and over the phone.  Is there any way to cancel the transfer?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PayPal_AshleyM

Hi NoahS610,

I'm sorry to hear about the unauthorized activity, that's definitely a concern! When a transfer is made from a bank account to a PayPal account balance, there's no way to cancel it through PayPal. The only option you'd have regarding this would be to wait for the transfer to complete and withdraw it back out to the bank, or to contact your financial institution to see what options they may have to cancel the transfer. Hopefully this is resolved for you soon!

- Ashley M

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

NOBLE818
New Community Member

This is exactly what i'm going through now! Got an email about the transfer and assumed it was a phishing email but to be sure I logged into my Paypal account, not through the email.  And the "transfer" is here on my account, I didn't request this transfer! And there is no way to cancel it. I have gone ahead and changed my password but I also don't want that money taken out of my bank account!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.