Can't believe PayPal would do this to me

MaxPurdon
Contributor
Contributor
About a month ago, I ordered a pair of shoes. When the shoes came, they were a very different and much less expensive pair. I didn't worry too much, so I just contacted the seller. I decided I had no choice but to put the case in PayPal's hands as the seller clearly didn't have plans on getting back to me. I submitted my claim and waited. This morning, however, I received the news that I was only eligible for a refund if I ate the $30 shipping cost to send a package with tracking. I could not believe that PayPal would do that to me after I didn't even do anything wrong. The seller should clearly be paying for the shipping cost. This seems very unjust. I emailed the seller but he has all the leverage, as if I threaten to not send the shoes back if he doesn't pay for the shipping, then I just paid $50 more for an unwanted pair of shoes. Is there anything I can do?
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @MaxPurdon,

Welcome to the community! I'm sorry to hear about the problem you encountered with an item that was not as described. I'm happy to help!

PayPal does have a program that reimburses up to $30 of return shipping expenses, for eligible customers. Please visit http://www.paypal.com/returns for more details.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

PayPal is just following policies of the User Agreement. 

It would be a good time to read and undestand the buyer and seller sections of the User Ageement before you make anymore purchaes.

Reading the User Agreement the term "unjust" is not part of the policies.  Actually policies state that the PayPal has sole descretion on resolving issues.

Login to Me Too

MaxPurdon
Contributor
Contributor

I don't want to go and read a bunch of legal documents. I just wanted to buy some shoes and I ended up without shoes and without $30. Thanks for the reply, but not really what I'm looking for.

Login to Me Too
Solved

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @MaxPurdon,

Welcome to the community! I'm sorry to hear about the problem you encountered with an item that was not as described. I'm happy to help!

PayPal does have a program that reimburses up to $30 of return shipping expenses, for eligible customers. Please visit http://www.paypal.com/returns for more details.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

MaxPurdon
Contributor
Contributor

@PayPal_Olivia wrote:

Hi @MaxPurdon,

I hope this helps!

Olivia

Oh my god, thank you so much. This is so helpful!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.