Can someone reverse/cancel a sent payment?

cullenmccormick
Contributor
Contributor

So I was selling xbox in-game items to someone and the payment that they sent says “On Hold; This payment will be in your pending balance until January 23, 2018. It may be available sooner, once we know the transaction went smoothly.” I followed some paypal directions to establish that the “object” in exchange was a digital item and got a notification that an email was sent to the buyer. That is as far as I know now. Is it possible for the buyer to do anything to cancel that payment before the deadline?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

paypal is processing the payment now,and you should wait till it tells you it is ok to ship.

payment can be cancelled by Paypal if it fails to c ollect the payment,eg,if it were an e check,and he has NSF,

but you are selling digital goods which get no seller protection,so even if payment is not cancelled,he can file item not received and win,

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

paypal is processing the payment now,and you should wait till it tells you it is ok to ship.

payment can be cancelled by Paypal if it fails to c ollect the payment,eg,if it were an e check,and he has NSF,

but you are selling digital goods which get no seller protection,so even if payment is not cancelled,he can file item not received and win,

Login to Me Too

cullenmccormick
Contributor
Contributor

Shoot well thanks. Hopefully the buyer is an honest guy!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.