Can someone cancel a payment after I supply a purchased item.

Creationist
Contributor
Contributor

I am selling something privately and the buyer is paying via PayPal after he has paid me via PayPal and I have sent the item can he then cancel the payment and get my item for nothing. This is a private transaction not from any online store?

Login to Me Too
3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Creationist

To answer that I would practically have to copy and paste the whole section on paypal seller protection in paypals user agreement.

So instead why not just go and read up on it and then you can risk assess your own transactions.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
Solved

Creationist
Contributor
Contributor

From what I have read it looks like its best to use PayPal to buy with but we will use Bank Transfer to sell with.

Thanks for your help.

Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Creationist

If the buyer is happy to use bank transfer then yes definately go with that, no risk of a dispute and no paypal fee  Smiley Happy

Advice is voluntary.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Creationist

To answer that I would practically have to copy and paste the whole section on paypal seller protection in paypals user agreement.

So instead why not just go and read up on it and then you can risk assess your own transactions.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too
Solved

Creationist
Contributor
Contributor

From what I have read it looks like its best to use PayPal to buy with but we will use Bank Transfer to sell with.

Thanks for your help.

Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Creationist

If the buyer is happy to use bank transfer then yes definately go with that, no risk of a dispute and no paypal fee  Smiley Happy

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.