Can get payment if we couldn't link paypal with bank acc

WaiZin
New Community Member
Hello, I am from Myanmar , as you know , we can not pay/receive money via paypal account. But, I wanted a paypal account and I created with under other country ( US ) and now I have a paypal account However, I couldn't link my bank account ( Myanmar local bank acc or Visa acc ) to my paypal. Could you please share info for the following question? 1. Can someone send money to my paypal account even I do not link bank account to my paypal account ? 2. Can I withdraw money from paypal after I have any foreign bank account of Myanmar and can I link it with my paypal account? 3. Or do I need to create a bank account in Bangkok or Singapore that can be linked with my paypal account? Thanks for your assist! ~ Kristen
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@WaiZin

PayPal is country specific and what you are doing is in violation of PayPal policy.  Close the US account.  You will have trouble using it anyway since you would be required to add US National Tax ID (SSN, ITIN, or EIN) down the road and asked to verify identity and can potentially get the account suspended with money in it.  You can only use the PayPal services that are offered in your country, if any. Sorry.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.