Can ask for a refund from paypal?

chocopie89
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

It's a pretty hard to solve question imho, but anyway I hope someone here can help me.

I used some money on a MMORPG account to buy throught their site game shop currency, my game account has been permabanned without a legit reason - but anyway even discussing with support for over 2 weeks, they still keep saying they cant unban -, so basically I end with not being able to enjoy the items I bought (and have still currency left aswell there).
I wanted to know if I could get back the money throught PayPal, using the 'report unauthorized transactions' function, or in any other way, or if I should issue a credit card chargeback, complicating everything. I'm not even mentioning talking with game company support, since they sound pretty dumb and their policies sound outta any legal logic.

I'm not exactly sure of how legal could all of this be, I come from a country where the customer gets help to the point that in case of getting something he's not able to enjoy, he's free to send that thing back or refuse the service and take back all the money. The question about MMORPG is bit different, since they could say anytime 'we gave the currency, the account banned isnt something we could avoid due to our company policies, but we are good and we keep the money': so thats from where comes the need of finding a different way to get the money back.

Thanks in advance for any info/advice about how to solve this 🙂

[Ps I'm not sure this should go in 'about payments' sections, but seems refunds section isnt here anymore, so I got kinda lost]

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

What are the options for the PayPal transaction?

You did authorize the payment, correct?  So, you can't make a fraudulent claim of unauthorized.

Login to Me Too

chocopie89
Contributor
Contributor

What do you mean with 'options for paypal transaction' and 'authorize the payment' ?

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

The PayPal transaction has options such print label, mark as shipped, file a dispute.  Check the transaction details.

Why I meant by authorize is that you clicked on the final payment for the item; so you can't make a claim to the credit card that you did not authorize the payment.

Login to Me Too

chocopie89
Contributor
Contributor

clickin on the payment theres:
print
buyer protection
report a problem
report unauthorized activity
(translated from my language since I dont have paypal in english)

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Click report a problem.  It will take you to the Resolution center.  Should you need to file a dispute, file as Item Not Received.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

chocopie89
Contributor
Contributor

@sharpiemarker wrote:

Click report a problem.  It will take you to the Resolution center.  Should you need to file a dispute, file as Item Not Received.

is that goin to make me get back the money? 😮

edit: it's multiple payments aswell, so idk but feels like tons of work for the resolution center xD

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.