Can a personal account send an invoice?

d2designs
Contributor
Contributor

Can a personal account send an invoice? I am asking because I wish to buy something from someone that only has a personal account. However, I want a detailed invoice and not just a "request money for goods".

If they can, how?

I have found similiar posts, but they are from YEARS ago and unanswered/outdated.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

d2designs
Contributor
Contributor

Alright, for those of you who do want a definite answer, here it is straight out of PayPal Customer Support's fingers:

"Yes, a Personal account can definitely send invoices. No worries since you would be covered by the buyer protection and you still have the option of choosing the funding source once you are ready to make the payment."

Thanks for reading and have a good day.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@d2designs

If they have a personal account then they are not supposed to be selling and if they do they may well have no seller protection.

So they could send a money request but i don't think they can send an invoice on a personal account but not totally sure on that one.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

d2designs
Contributor
Contributor

Someone with a personal account please go to Tools > Request Money

They should see this:

Request Money

You can request a payment from anyone with an email address even if they do not have a PayPal account. Need to add more detail? Create an invoice

The "create an invoice" may or may not be there. If it is, click on it and tell me what happens.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@d2designs

Sent an email to someone yesterday to find out that info for you.

But logged in today expecting to at least see "thanks for taking the time to respond" or "thanks for that info" but nothing.

If you want help and info then you could at least say please and thank you when someone responds.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too
Solved

d2designs
Contributor
Contributor

Alright, for those of you who do want a definite answer, here it is straight out of PayPal Customer Support's fingers:

"Yes, a Personal account can definitely send invoices. No worries since you would be covered by the buyer protection and you still have the option of choosing the funding source once you are ready to make the payment."

Thanks for reading and have a good day.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.