Can I remove the transaction fee?

Sahinu
Contributor
Contributor
My wife and I are setting up an fundraising. We want to use Paypall as a way to recieve the money we raise. The problem is dat paypall asks a 2,9% fee for for every transaction.. i have a verified paypall account already. Is there a way to recieve money on paypall with out paying the fee?
Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Sahinu

Why don't you use the Paypal money pool option if its available in your country?

Failing that get them to send the donations using the friends / family route, if they fund it via funds in their balance OR a bank account and NOT a card then there is no fee to them.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Sahinu
Contributor
Contributor
So if i make a money pool, people can make a donation and we will receive the full amount instead of paypall taking their 2,9% fee?
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Sahinu

IF its available in your country then yes BUT read this first. Its the Uk link as that is what I have available, you would need to double check in your country.

https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/money-pools?gclid=CjwKCAiArOnUBRBJEiwAX0rG_fZPzBg-qKZ01FuthXSd...

There’s no fee to set up a page or for friends to chip in when they use their PayPal balance, debit card or bank account.
Fees apply when a currency conversion is involved or if you use a credit card.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.