Can I get my money back?

tuandat1602
Contributor
Contributor

I knew I got scam when I looked up the PayPal transaction. Here is my situation:

I saw and advert on Insta, I clicked, and it directed my to a website that show a hot deal about magnetic charger.

The link is: https://magnetphonecable.com/

I was uncertain but still ordered 20 items for $204.75 becasue the price is reasonable. I used PayPal. I got confirm emails from website and PayPal. However, when I check the PayPal email, it said I paid for [Personal Info Removed By Moderator]. I check the transaction and got their infor:

[Personal Info Removed By Moderator]

[Personal Info Removed By Moderator]

http://www.florencescoveljewelry.com

I did search about the website and found that they will not send item or if they do, they will send incorrect/bad/missing/different items.

So I decided to send them an email about cancel order before they ship/process my order.

I don't know whether they will refund or they will ship with bad products. I don't want them to ship anything, just cancel and refund my money.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

you can file dispute now and they wil have to prove they shipped by uploading a tracking number, 

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
20 REPLIES 20

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Give them up to 3 days to respond to your cancelation request.  You have 180 days from date of payment to file dispute so you have plenty of time.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

tuandat1602
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you. I know that they will not respond so after 3 businessdays, I can file dispute even after that they said they sent "something" to me, can't I?
Login to Me Too
Solved

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

you can file dispute now and they wil have to prove they shipped by uploading a tracking number, 

Login to Me Too

tuandat1602
Contributor
Contributor

I will let them have 1 more day. If they still don't ship it I will file dispute. Thank you 🙂

Login to Me Too

Mandirigma7
Contributor
Contributor

@tuandat1602 I'm in the same boat as you. Already filed a dipsute after buying it, used this post as a reference.

Login to Me Too

tuandat1602
Contributor
Contributor

Oh, I think I will file it too right now 😄

Login to Me Too

Mandirigma7
Contributor
Contributor

@tuandat1602 you should mate, just like what was suggested. Paypal emailed me and they already escalated my dispute to a claim. I was posting here on another issue and saw your post and was alarmed. Checked my details, and transacted the same one. Immediately filed a dispute. So fishy that that a 'jewelry website' would be the one to ship when there was no mention in the ad of their invovlement.

I even hope this thread gets the attention of not just volunteer advisors but people from Paypal themselves.

Login to Me Too

tuandat1602
Contributor
Contributor

I just did it, thank you bro. It seems like the seller doesn't respond to PayPal. I'm still lucky that I use PayPal and found by tracking the transaction. I don't know what happend if people use cc to pay it. +1 for PayPal 🙂

Login to Me Too

Mandirigma7
Contributor
Contributor

@tuandat1602 do you think I should write them as well? To pressure them to give us to refund us?I didn't bother to write them yet since you already did. As much as I can, I'll always use paypal to transact stuff online especially if transacting from unknown sources.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.