Buyer request for refund - What should I do?

TX11
Contributor
Contributor

I completed a private sale with someone, packaged and shipped the item on the same day I received payment. Everything was verified, I saved proof of delivery and the package was delivered. 3 weeks later the buyer is now asking to send the item back and have a refund because they changed their mind and don't need it. There is no issue with condition, and I sent the item exactly as agreed. As far as I am concerned we had a successful sale.

Is it my choice to decide whether or not to offer a refund? Am I protected from the buyer simply "saying oh I changed my mind" after 3 weeks of having the item?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@TX11

You can by all means refuse a refund BUT if the buyer opens a paypal dispute for 'item received but not as described' (the only option that they can do) then that decision would then be paypals.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

TX11
Contributor
Contributor

Hopefully the buyer will not scam the system like that. The item was exactly as described in photos. The buyer also stated in an email that the return request was because someone they were gifting the item to did not want to use it. That has nothing to do with the condition or me as a seller.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@TX11

Good luck.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.