Buyer refuses to withdraw his e check for a canceled order

evacpl
Contributor
Contributor

An Ebay buyer put an offer on a large, expensive item. Hours later he/she requested to cancel the order. After I had canceled the deal (on his request) the buyer decided he want the item anyway and sends an echeck via Paypal. Now the transaction is already canceled and I am unable to send him an invoice or have an Ebay insurance. I talked to the buyer and asked him to withdraw his echeck (still pending at this point) and redo the whole transaction the right way, through ebay. The buyer refuses to do so. He want me to send him the item anyways. how do I solve this problem? 

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

DO NOT send item until that eCheck clears!  Proceed in this transaction with caution.  In fact, I would cancel that eCheck if possible or simply refund the money IF it clears at all.  Buyer seem sketchy.  You gonna end up in a switcheroo dispute or some scam.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

DO NOT send item until that eCheck clears!  Proceed in this transaction with caution.  In fact, I would cancel that eCheck if possible or simply refund the money IF it clears at all.  Buyer seem sketchy.  You gonna end up in a switcheroo dispute or some scam.

Login to Me Too

evacpl
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for resurring me. I had the same feeling. I am new to Ebay so I do not know a lot of things yet, but this deal didn't look right from the start. He put a bid on the item, then he asked me to cancel it so I did.  After I relisted the accordion, the following day he decided he wants to purchase it, and without asking me first sends an e-check via Paypal and tells me he bought it. I agrred to sell the accordion to him, but I asked him to redo the transaction, and put a bid again on Ebay of  the same amount as he did before. He refused to do it this way. He said that the money is on its way and I shouln't worry about it. I called ebay and they said the same thing. Redo the transaction. I sent him an email again and agin that this is the only way I am going to close the deal and he sends email back to me: "No darling... blah, blah blah" that was the indication that things are not right here. I called the Paypal and canceled the payment (it was still pending). I am so relived and I have no obligation to him.This was a good lesson, and people should be careful when they deal with a large amount of money. Thanks again for your input.

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@evacpl

You're welcome! Smiley Happy

Oh boy, you don't know the half of it.  I lose patience with those kind of 'buyers' trying to take control over the transaction and derail unsuspecting sellers.  Telling you that they paid when they haven't, "over pay" and asks you to refund the difference through Western Union.  Really? Smiley Frustrated  Wish they'd go away.

Here are more scams to watch out for:

https://www.paypal.com/us/selfhelp/article/what-are-common-scams-and-how-do-i-spot-them-faq3176

Take care!

Login to Me Too

evacpl
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you so much for the info. I appreciate it. Have a wonderful day!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.