Buyer fraud

Lauvee
Contributor
Contributor
Why does PayPal agree with a buyer when there is proof on video (which we can't as sellers upload to the dispute) showing the buyer selling the items they claim are in horrible condition? The buyer also counts how many of my items are left in numerous videos. Does PayPal ever side with the seller? Why are we not able to speak to someone in resolutions? Why does PayPal allow a ridiculous 6 months to file a dispute? PayPal is definitely not doing a thorough investigation.
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

What was the dispute?

Perhaps the buyer had better proof directly related to the dispute than you did.

Login to Me Too

Lauvee
Contributor
Contributor

These items were pearls.  The buyer claims they were all damaged, pitted, faded etc.  I sent almost 60 pieces.  In 4 separate videos, 3 separate days (one video on the day she recieved them) she is selling them, showing them on a close up lens and raving about how beautiful they are.  She then in 2 of the videos is counting how many she had left in her jar.  Last count was 20.  Fast forward a month, I receive a message (via FB) with an ultimatum that she wants a full refund or she will file a dispute.  I immediately respond with an apology that she isn't happy and offer an immediate 50% refund and the balance plus return shipping when I receive the pearls back.  She refused, would accept nothing less than 100% up front.  I explained I cannot refund all in advance (because really who refunds 100% without their merchandise returned) because I too am a business and will need the returned items to file for a credit on my side.  So dispute is filed.  I respond with copies of all FB messages between us, explain that I have videos downloaded (that she deleted soon after) etc.  Of course Paypal sides with buyer and she has to return the items.  I get the pearls back and as I suspected it is not what she ordered from me.  To be fair some may have been.  I sent her 2 or 3 each of about 20 different colors.  I received over 5 and some 10 or more of the same colors.  Some are not even colors I sent to her.   So what does Paypal say?  You can always file an appeal.  We do this to keep things amicable.  So did she have more proof, no she just had to be the buyer.

I am so disappointed in the way this was handled, especially since all the proof is there.  

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.