Buyer canceled payment after receiving shipment

Ashyre
Contributor
Contributor

Someone ordered a drawing from me. This person paid, but after 2 months she decided to cancel the payment because "someone ordered it without her permission using her PayPal account".

What should I do to get my money back? I did the commission she ordered, she told me it's fine . Then she deactivated her DeviantArt account. All I have is the drawing and her opinion on it. 

Should I give her back her money even if I did the thing that she ordered? After 2 months?! 

Also a few people have the same problem with this person, I can prove it.

[LINK] ->  <removed>

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

Quandary
Advisor
Advisor

Sounds like a typical scam - if the buyer wins the claim - PayPal will refund the money. 

Buyers have 60 days to file a dispute requesting their funds back - you mentioned two months after the purchase - it could be just be a coincidence of events but, from experience, perhaps not.   Some "not so honest individuals" have studied PayPal's policies and have figured out how to use those well intended policies to their advantage.

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

sender has 180 days,not 60 days to file a Paypal dispute of unauthorised transaction.

to qualify for Paypal unauthorised transaction dispute,the seller must ship to the address in the payment notice,not necessarily delivered,just proof of shipping is good enough/

it must also qualify for seller protection.

look at the transaction and see if you meet both requirements.

( I AM afraid customs order does not qualify,if there is any indication this is customs order.

I would not mention such to PAypal.

Login to Me Too

Ps3Recoveries
New Community Member

Hi i have the same issue the buyer paid for the item but the funds where pending as i had this happen to me before and the buyer was paying from there checking account so it took a little longer for the funds to clear, so i thought this was the same issue but on ebay it said ok to ship and paypal said ok to ship, so i shipped the item the buyer got it and left good feed back, today i seen he cancellled payment and now i made a claim with ebay and not sure how to make a claim to paypal, i tried to make a paypal claim but i dont see any option to do so as a selller any suggestions? Thanks..

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

seller cannot start a claim,only buyer can,and he can only have one claim either EBay or Paypal or Credit card issuer.

is your payment pending due to Ebay withholding payment until tracking shows delivered?

how does buyer cancel a payment?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.