Bought and paid for a compressor. No compressor, PayPal sides with seller.

Misty000
Contributor
Contributor

Never received the compressor. Why is the purchaser being punished for a scam. Received the 1-year protection from Assurant by email, useless since I never received the compressor. When I purchased the compressor the listing said there was 54 sold, did everyone else also get **bleep**? 54 times $28.00 equals $1512.00, nice scam for someone. I am out money and much time spent printing out all the transaction details and emails from both eBay and PayPal. I do not understand why PayPal treats their "Valued Customers" this way!  I have been with PayPal since 2003.

Received email from eBay stating:  Your recent eBay transaction may be from a compromised account, evidently, the seller got the money free for no product.  Paypal sided with the seller, which absolutely makes no sense.  I am very concerned as if PayPal is doing this to me, I wonder how many more "Valued Customers" have been scammed.  If I ever buy from eBay again I won't be spending much money and have been sharing this experience with friends and family.  PayPal closed the case, nothing else can be done?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Misty000

If you want advice it would be easier if you just stuck to what you actually did.

Did you file a paypal dispute?

What did you file it for?

Did you escalate to a claim?

How did you fund the paypal payment to the seller?

Did paypal say why they closed your dispute?

Did you have buyer protection?

How did you pay for the item, did you use Ebay checkout.

etc etc.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Misty000
Contributor
Contributor

Answers to your questions:

Did you file a paypal dispute?  Yes

What did you file it for?  Didn't receive item, refund of $28.00

Did you escalate to a claim?  Don't know how to do that?

How did you fund the paypal payment to the seller?  I had a PayPal balance and my bank account

Did paypal say why they closed your dispute?  from an email I received from them:  We have reviewed all the details of your claim. Based on the information we have to date, we will have to deny your claim. This decision was made because PayPal Purchase Protection only covers goods or services that weren’t delivered or are not as described.

Did you have buyer protection?  Don't know, this is the first time I have had an issue like this.

How did you pay for the item, did you use Ebay checkout.  Yes, used eBay checkout.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Misty000

Ok then I think I see why you did not get a refund.

If paypal said this  >>

because PayPal Purchase Protection only covers goods or services that weren’t delivered or are not as described.

Sounds as if you opened a dispute for 'an unauthorised transaction' instead of 'item not recieved'?

If you can confirm that that is what you did then post back again.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.