Am i the only one that has never seen a cancel button for pending payments?

Jakeyup

yes i know where they say to go to cancel pending payments but ive never seen it in my whole 5 years of having a paypal account

i do have a business  account and im tired of getting scammy websites charging me holding fees or hidden fees that are pending and i just cant 

simply click a button and cancel it i have to go through a whole process of emailing paypal or calling them blocking the site payments from charging me anymore without me knowing 

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Jakeyup

The only time there is a cancel option is if the payment has been made to an email address that does not exist ie a typo for eg.

Then it shows as pending / unclaimed with a cancel option.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Snow-Cat
Advisor
Advisor

You can usually cancel a PayPal payment that is in a "pending" or "unclaimed" status.   These payments will have a status of “Unclaimed” and will show in the “Pending” section of your PayPal account.    However, this does not apply to an "order" you would like to cancel, you would need to contact the seller to discuss options for a cancellation and request a refund.

Login to Me Too

Jakeyup

Hmm that sucks oh well guess ill wait the 5-7 business days for it to cancel.

also does anyone know if theres a way to accept or decline payments on paypal before they happen?

like say someone trys to charge your card i can just hit a button and decline it or something. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.