Age restriction forcing a new bank account to be made to use PayPal

sNifty
Contributor
Contributor

Hey everyone, I have a little problem with this service, and since the "resolution center" only tells me that I can't use PayPal with no possible way of getting my account back, I decided to bring it here.

I was blocked because I violated the User Agreement stating that I was 18, just like everyone else does, since you can get a debit card when you're 14 or something. When my account ran into some trouble (I don't think I even knew what it was at the time, and I still don't know, but it required an intense security check including sending a photo ID and social security papers and all that), they noticed I wasn't 18 and closed my account for good, ever since, I've linked my card through my parent's account under the children account thing or whatever that's called, which is just incredibly annoying since my parent hardly uses PayPal and would be **bleep** to use it one my behalf.

My problem is that I've just recently turned 18, and can now legally use PayPal, but since I have the same bank account as I did when PayPal restricted me, there is no possible way for me to use PayPal, since it restricts multiple accounts from sharing the same bank account. Do I have to seriously open a whole new bank account to use this service? As I said, the "resolution center" only tells me that I can't resolve anything, and emailing the support only gives me intstructions to the "resolution center." I handle most of my income through the use of this website, and I'm at the point where I can't rely on my parent to constantly check to see who sent what and how much needs to be where at what time, so this problem is a large hinderance to my life at the moment.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

best is to call Paypal and tell them now you are 18 and ask them to reinstate your account.

You did nothing wrong,so once they do that,you can use the same bank account/

as for child account,they did away with it late last year? 

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

There are not "children" accounts.  It was fraudelent to linke your credit/debit card to another person's account.  This could now be a factor to restrict your future PayPal relationship.  It could be an eventual factor to limit your parents' PayPal account.  

Suggest you phone PayPal support for help if you really want to continue with PayPal.

Login to Me Too

sNifty
Contributor
Contributor

Perhaps I misworded it, but there was definitely a "family" option or something of the sort when I linked my account a couple years ago. I can check, but I'm 90% nothing was fraudulent on his behalf. On the subject of my original issue, I guess I will have to create a new bank account to receive money through PayPal, unless another solution other than restricting my parent's account as well is available.

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

When you attempt to open a new account PayPal will check any related accounts, like a previous one.  If one account is limited any new account will also be restricted.  PayPal does not tolerate attempts to circumvent risk and security issues.

Login to Me Too
Solved

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

best is to call Paypal and tell them now you are 18 and ask them to reinstate your account.

You did nothing wrong,so once they do that,you can use the same bank account/

as for child account,they did away with it late last year? 

Login to Me Too

sNifty
Contributor
Contributor

@sumiko wrote:

Did this, account is deleted and I can make a new one, ty.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.