Adding money takes extremely long

Willer103

While I know getting money from my bank account to my Paypal should usually take a few days, ever since I started using Paypal, adding money to it takes on average 10 days if not more, even if I get said that usually it should take 3 to 5 days. Is it because me and my bank account are in Canada? And is there anything I could do to reduce the amount of days it takes before getting my money?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Willer103

You can pay straight away using your bank account but you may have to wait for it to clear though to the seller.

If you add a back up card then paypal will credit the seller for you and paypal will take the wait for your funds to transfer to paypal so you get your item more quickly.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Willer103

Not a lot as it depends on your bank as to when they process the payment.

But why do you need to transfer funds to your paypal balance??

You should not need to do so to buy things if you have a funding source linked?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Willer103

Well, my bank account is linked with my Paypal. I have no idea what's a funding source. I thought I had to put money into my paypal balance in order to buy things using Paypal. There's another way to buy things other than adding money to the balance?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Willer103

As a buyer you NEVER need to transfer funds to your paypal account to buy things as paypal take directly from your funding source ie bank account or card that is linked to paypal.

Normally paypal credit the seller for you so you get your item more quickly and paypal wait for your funds to transfer from your bank account and card.

BUT they only do that if you have a back up card linked to your paypal account as well otherwise you take the wait for the funds to transfer.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Willer103

So I'd have to enter a credit card into my Paypal account to be able to do that?

Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Willer103

You can pay straight away using your bank account but you may have to wait for it to clear though to the seller.

If you add a back up card then paypal will credit the seller for you and paypal will take the wait for your funds to transfer to paypal so you get your item more quickly.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Willer103

Alright, thanks for the information!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.