Adding a Credit Card of a Family Member to Your Account

iRaphahell
Contributor
Contributor

Since it takes a lot of time for paypal to reply to this question, I came here in hopes that maybe someone knows the answer

Are you allowed to add a Credit Card of a Family Member to you Paypal account ? 

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Snow-Cat
Advisor
Advisor

Here's a snippet from the User Agreement found under the Restricted Activities section.   Note the line: using information that is not your own

Circumvent any PayPal policy or determinations about your PayPal account such as temporary or indefinite suspensions or other account holds, limitations or restrictions, including, but not limited to, engaging in the following actions: attempting to create new or additional PayPal account(s) when an account has a negative PayPal balance or has been restricted, suspended or otherwise limited; creating new or additional PayPal accounts using information that is not your own (e.g. name, address, email address, etc.); or using someone else’s PayPal account.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

Snow-Cat
Advisor
Advisor

Unfortunately not - anything you link and confirm to your account must be in your name.   The exception would be a joint account card - as it would have your name, it could be used however, the other name on the card would not be able to link it to their account if it is already linked to yours.

Login to Me Too

iRaphahell
Contributor
Contributor

I understand, is this written anywhere on the paypal rules cause I've been searching for it and didn't manage to find it, thank you for the answer ! 

Login to Me Too
Solved

Snow-Cat
Advisor
Advisor

Here's a snippet from the User Agreement found under the Restricted Activities section.   Note the line: using information that is not your own

Circumvent any PayPal policy or determinations about your PayPal account such as temporary or indefinite suspensions or other account holds, limitations or restrictions, including, but not limited to, engaging in the following actions: attempting to create new or additional PayPal account(s) when an account has a negative PayPal balance or has been restricted, suspended or otherwise limited; creating new or additional PayPal accounts using information that is not your own (e.g. name, address, email address, etc.); or using someone else’s PayPal account.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.