Adding Gift Cards

sensational
Contributor
Contributor

When i go out and buy a prepaid paypal gift card how do i add it onto my account? Please specify this in detail. Thank You

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Snow-Cat
Advisor
Advisor

You can add Visa (and MasterCard, Discover, or AmEx) gift cards and prepaid cards to your PayPal Wallet, the same way you would a traditional debit or credit card.

Choose the Wallet option from the top of the page.

At the left, click (+) Link a card or bank below your existing cards/banks

Choose Link a debit or credit card

Add your Visa gift card information and click the Link Card button.

Most important, if you get an error trying to add a gift card, you will need to register the card with the card issuer "first".  Make sure you ensure that the name and address you use for the card registration is the same name and address you used to establish your PayPal Account.   If PayPal cannot identify and validate the owner of the card, it will be rejected.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

Snow-Cat
Advisor
Advisor

You can add Visa (and MasterCard, Discover, or AmEx) gift cards and prepaid cards to your PayPal Wallet, the same way you would a traditional debit or credit card.

Choose the Wallet option from the top of the page.

At the left, click (+) Link a card or bank below your existing cards/banks

Choose Link a debit or credit card

Add your Visa gift card information and click the Link Card button.

Most important, if you get an error trying to add a gift card, you will need to register the card with the card issuer "first".  Make sure you ensure that the name and address you use for the card registration is the same name and address you used to establish your PayPal Account.   If PayPal cannot identify and validate the owner of the card, it will be rejected.

Login to Me Too

EnVyH02
New Community Member
how about actual paypal gift cards. Not visa ones just paypal ones you can buy at walmart or whatever. I don't se a gift card option anywere but you can buy them a stores.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.