About prepaid cards

IvanStevanovich
Contributor
Contributor
I find myself in a situation where the most convenient way for people to send me money is for them to buy visa gift cards and text me the numbers. Since we dont have the mycash cards any more, is there a way to use these cards to add funds to my paypal acct. Survey sez no, but apparently under the right circumstances you can add them as a payment option in th send money process. Also i saw an idea about taking a paypal business acct and sending a bill or invoice to another email address, then paying yourself with the cards. My question is 1) what prepaid visa gift card that is available at like walmart will work for these processes and 2)is this a violatipn of paypal tos ?
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PayPal_AshleyM

Hi IvanSevanovich,

Thanks for reaching out to our Community forum. PayPal allows prepaid cards to be added to PayPal accounts, so you could add the cards and use them through your account. My concern here is that sending yourself payments could flag in our system as risky and could cause your account to be shut down. I would advise sending money requests or invoices to people instead of having them give you prepaid cards to use through PayPal. This way, you'll have the funds directly in your balance and you won't need to worry about adding cards. I hope this helps!

- Ashley M

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

IvanStevanovich
Contributor
Contributor
Due to my unique situation this is the best way. Do you think the sysyem would really flag it? What would be the difference between sending myself invoices or sending others invoices ?
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.