A recent attempt to transfer money from PayPal to my bank

Mjjaso
New Community Member

I can’t under stand this! I’ve called 4 times now and every step of the Was it has been the same answerLITTERALLY I recently transferred $190 to a bank account that I just started up using the PP APP on febuary 14 2018. You know I thought the money would be in the account the next day but realistically Friday would be the latest. So I checked the app to see about the $190 and seen the money was pending, and upon further investigation I seen that I needed to verify my account. I clicked the icon to verify my account and the page says to type in the last two deposits PayPal deposited in My bank account! So I called my bank and they said no such deposits have been made.... Then I called PayPal for HELP.... So I call PayPal for the first time, (after fighting with the robot and then getting put on hold then finally was told I would get a callback). So a lady answers the phone and tells me a name that I know was not hers, But she is nice and I can understand he very well. She Asks me what the problem was so I tell her I’m transferring the money on my PayPal to the bank, and I need to verify my bank account. She told me she would help me with that. After asking me a few questions I was told not only that my bank was verified (and to my surprise) and the money was in my account! But I was skeptical... I even told her that I was surprised!I mean I could understand if it took longer than that but she assured me that the money was in my bank account so we ended the conversation. I checked my bank immediately on my fifth third bank app and nothing, then I called in to my personal banker... nothing! But I wasn’t upset because like I said I expected it might take a couple days. So the next day, just in case, I called in again and again I had to fight with the robot to get to talk with a actual person. After explaining my situation to the guy (I don’t remember his name because I know it wasn’t his name to begin with) and telling him what the previous person had said to me the day before. So we restart the very same process beginning with verifying my bank account. After we did all that I was asking the guy if the $190 would be in my account that day(which was Friday) since the previous representive had assured me it would be on my account the day before... he said he couldn’t assure me that the$190 would be on my bank account that day but it was possible... but if the $190 wasn’t there on Friday that it would positively be in my account on Monday(little does he know Monday is a national holiday)... Monday comes of corse there’s no money because of Presidents’ Day!! I however was expecting that, therefore I was not too angry at this point. I figured Tuesday was the day I would see my$190 since I had checked my PayPal app and it said the transaction was completed. Tuesday comes NO MONEY, and I call in yet again to PayPal... same problems talking with the robot, same problem with another person not giving me their real name, telling me the same exact thing that the people on the first two calls I made to PayPal (that my account yet again needed to be verified) now I’m mad... so I ask to speak with a manager!!! So I was told that the manager was a little busy dealing with another customers dispute, And that the manager would be filled in on my situation while I was being put on hold... so I waited and waited... At least 30 min maybe as much as 45 min for a manager(I actually almost watched a whole episode of a tv show before the manager finally got on the phone)... So the manager gets on the phone and asks me what the problem is... I mean shouldn’t the manager have been filled in on exactly what I have been saying to the previous three people I’ve been talking with? I am immediately suspicious because she asks me the same exact questions that I had been getting asked by the previous three representatives! Is there no communication in your customer service department? Does PayPal care about the complex problems that customers have? Do you have qualified people answering the phones with the knowledge to solve said complicated problems? I don’t think so because the so called “customer service representives” that you employ don’t understand they are trained just like and almost sound like robots, and I know that their name is not what they say it is because they are just outsourced cheap overseas labor! What kind of customer service is that??? So again I am religated to explaining the whole situation to the ”manager”. After verifying my bank account yet again the manager assured me that she was and I quote “200% positive that the $190 would be on my account the following day...February 21, 2018” So here we are today.... I look at my bank account on my app nothing... I call my bank... nothing... no money transfer! So I am forced to go thru the same exact troublesome calling process that you call customer service for a fourth time! Only today I want to call in and just cancel the transaction so the money can be put back on PayPal because I am going to be getting a debit card from fifth third. Therefore since I am getting the debit card I can link that to PayPal and simplify the process....then the news came from this customer service rep that if the money isn’t in my account that a investigation will have to occur and that it will be 1-3 days before I am contacted by the investigation team!!! At this point I am livid! not at this person you employ! But at PayPal itself for subjecting their customers to this kind of so called service!!! So not only do I have to wait the 1-3 days for the investigation to find out where my$190 went I’m going to have to wait again on the money to be transferred to my bank and then hopefully pray the transaction completes in another 1-5 business days. Listen this whole process that I’ve had to go through for the last week just sucks! I hope no one else has this happen to them. I’m lucky in the point that I have people that can help me out with money, but if I didn’t this situation could have been far worse, even dire... Your customer service has failed me by not resolving my problem and lying to me five times( three CSR’s a manager and a emailmentioned below) I FEEL LIKE I SHOULD BE COMPENSATED FOR THE TIME AND ENERGY I HAVE INVESTED IN THIS PROCESS! At least you can refund the service fees the 7 dollars and some odd cents that it cost to get the money transferred to my PayPal account in the first place... P.s. I never even mentioned the email PayPal sent to me first of all I wasn’t even born in 1969, PayPal wasn’t even invented, and there was no internet money transfers in 1969... Problem with your bank account Dear Martin <removed>, To confirm your bank account, we tried to make 2 deposits into your FIFTH THIRD BANK X-<removed> account on Dec 31, 1969. The money was returned, however, because your bank does not recognize this bank account number. To fix this problem: Contact your bank to double-check the account number Log in to PayPal and click Link bank account. Enter your bank account number and follow the instructions. Thanks, PayPal This email was sent to <removed>, because your email preferences are set to receive these types of communications from us. Modify preferences Copyright © 2018 PayPal Inc. All rights reserved. PayPal is located at <removed>, San Jose, CA 95131. Copyright © 1999-2018 PayPal, Inc. All rights reserved. PayPal is located at <removed>, San Jose, CA 95131. PayPal PPX000232:N/A:94385ec5f2100

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.