$34 returned item fee?

Mamble
Contributor
Contributor

Hello everyone. I recently got charged a $34 fee for a RETURNED ITEM FEE FOR AN UNPAID $1,000.00 ITEM. the problem is, I haven't made a purchase through PayPal in over a month, let alone a $1000 item, as I cannot afford it (college student). the only transaction I see is a $1000 dollar transfer from my bank to PayPal? I never authorized this, and this $1000 is money I should be getting from my tax return which I completed a few days ago. Lastly, for some reason, the default language on my PayPal account was changed to Spanish, which kind of worries me that someone got into my account. (I decided to changed my password ASAP).

any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

TheJayJayStore
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Woah! That's gotta hurt. Here's what you do:

1. Go to PayPal and login.
  2. At the bottom of the page, there's a link that says "SECURITY" and click on it.
  3. Near the bottom of the next page, click on the link that says "Suspicious or unauthorized transaction?"
  4. On the next page, there will be steps that you can take. Please follow those steps to a "T." I would tell you what these steps are but each country has their own contact information. Possibly different steps that are based on laws, as well.
  5. You will also need to repeat steps 1-3 with the exception of going to "Report identity theft" instead of "Suspicious or unauthorized transaction?"
  6. Repeat step 4.

Did this help? Let me know by giving me some kudos and selecting this as the solution. Otherwise, go ahead and reply to this forum with the correct solution. Also, help other's in this community! I hope everything goes well, @Mamble! Good luck!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.