2 Disputes, 3 Appeals. All for Nothing.

Wil86
Contributor
Contributor

So this is going to be a long one. In June I ordered 2 of the same game from GameStop on 2 different orders (So 2 separate orders for the same game). I received 2 emails from GameStop with 2 different transaction numbers and 2 different tracking numbers. I received only 1 of the games. I called GameStop & they told me they see the item as being shipped & in route to me. However, when I looked at the tracking there was 0 information because according to USPS it was not a valid number. So the rep told me to try calling them & I did & of course they told me what I already knew, it wasn't valid. So I called GameStop back and they said they would issue me a refund. Well after about a week and no refund I decided to take this up with PayPal.

I opened up a claim on 1 of the games and waited about 2 weeks before I was told it was denied because the seller uploaded tracking. So I call PayPal back and the rep I spoke with said he'll just open up a claim on the 2nd game. So another 2 weeks goes by & I get notified my claim was denied as well & of course for the same reason. However, when I looked at the notes I realized that GameStop had just given them the same tracking number as the other claim. Now keep in mind I have 2 emails with 2 tracking numbers from GameStop myself, so I know **bleep** well they weren't shipped in 1 box under 1 tracking number. I called PayPal yet again and this time I spoke to a "supervisor" who told me that she sees it's the same tracking number and she will appeal the case and that this time if GameStop did not hand over a second valid tracking number with THREE days (not the standard 10) I would be issued a refund.

Well that was on the 5th of August and here we are on the 19th... WELL over the even standard 10 days. I was notified my case was denied again and for the same **bleep** reason once again. So I just got off the phone with another "supervisor" who told me they do not require different tracking numbers for items purchased on the same day regardless of me having proof of 2 different tracking numbers. So I said "if I hard ordered 4 games and only received 2 of them but GameStop gave you tracking for 1 that was delivered, I'd be out of luck?" He said yes. Unbelievable. So I asked why then would a "supervisor" have opened the case up for a second time and tell me they only had 3 days and he said he did not know. He said there's literally nothing I can do and I am jus out $100.

PayPal are a bunch of morons & GameStop are a bunch of crooks. I don't know what to do at this point. He told me to go back to GameStop and ask my refund from them. I replied with why would they do that now, 2 months later & after seeing they won all the cases against them. They would say why should we give you a refund when PayPal doesn't even think we should or something along those lines I'm sure...

Morons.

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Did you pay with credit card?

file chargeback.

You ahve 180 days to do so

Login to Me Too

Wil86
Contributor
Contributor

Unfortunately, I used my PayPal credit line.

Login to Me Too

WipedOut
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

@Wil86

Lets try this from a different angle, here are two email address for the ceo and cfo of gamestop  xx@gamestop.com  CFO  and xx@gamestop.com.  Basically forward them everything you have writtin in this dispute and ask them to help.  Most C levels do not handle this themselves but push this to the executive response team (the make the problem go away people) who will work with you.  Just remember to be polite and clearly express the facts and what you want while being as brief as possible.

Hope this helps bro

WipedOut

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Wil86 wrote:

Unfortunately, I used my PayPal credit line.

That don't mean you can't dispute it with PayPal Credit directly if the PP Resolution Center failed but it got to be done no later than 60 days from the date of billing statement they first billed you for the transaction.  The PayPal Purchase Protection no longer applies so a different criteria is used.

https://www.billmelater.com/Docs/DisputeInitiationForm.pdf

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.