$10 withheld from balance (hold) - technical glitch

sadl
Contributor
Contributor

Hi there, 

I currently have a random $10 amount being withheld from my paypal balance. When I look to see what this $10 amount is, there is no information. 

Paypal staff have told me its a technical glitch that has affected some customers. And engineers can take between 2hours - 3 weeks to fix it. 

Is there any way mine can be fixed sooner rahter than later? This technical glitch is preventing me obtaining my second Working Capital loan from Paypal. 

Login to Me Too
12 REPLIES 12

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@sadl

No idea, why not ask customer services?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

sadl
Contributor
Contributor

Already have. They're working on it. 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@sadl

Then surely thats your answer?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

sadl
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, same as before. The technical glitch could be fixed any time from 2 hours to 3 weeks. Which means others in a similar position to myself (this affects others too i'm told) can't apply for a Working Capital loan until paypal fix this error of theirs. 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@sadl

Pretty poor isn't it.    Smiley Sad

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

sadl
Contributor
Contributor

Yeah, but oh well! We'll cope. *drums fingers and keeps refreshing paypal*

Login to Me Too

scotyen
Contributor
Contributor

I am in the same situation. I have a hold on my account. Click it and nothing shows. Try to apply for my third Working Capital loan but denied because of the hold. Emailed customer service but no response. Will have to call when they open in nine hours.

Please let us know if your problem is solved.

Login to Me Too

scotyen
Contributor
Contributor

For anyone dealing with this: I called customer service. The first representative wasn't able to figure out what the hold was for. A second rep quickly said that it is a known issue and it seems many people using Working Capital are dealing with it. I was told that the technicians were told about the problem. Hopefully they will be able to fix this soon.

Login to Me Too

scotyen
Contributor
Contributor

Six emails and three phone calls later, I am still waiting.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.