$10,000 chargeback scam.. HELP!

TomH1
New Community Member
Hello,

I sold $10,000 of Bitcoin to this user for $10,000 sent to my Paypal. He was paid and then reversed, his account has been suspended on localbitcoins.com where this transaction took place. I'm not alone in being scammed by this user, he has pulled the exact same stunt with many others, as can be seen by his feedback, https://localbitcoins.com/accounts/profile/worknow/

You can see my profile on the site is verified, "tonsofcoins" has been on the site for over 4 years, hundreds of trades, and never had a single problem until now. 

This money was for a gift for a family member for Christmas, it goes without being said this is a nightmare..

I've contacted support 10+ hours ago and still haven't heard back. Also my account wasn't verified, i've had verification documents waiting for approval this whole past holiday week, and then this happend, and now Paypal is saying my account is disabled.

The payment was reversed to a non U.S., non verified paypal address. From reading the users feedback it's apparent he's using multiple paypal address's for this scam..

I have the terms of agreement, correspondense, the proof of all his other scammings, is this enough to get my money back?

There's no way I can afford this loss..
Can anyone advise what to do, how do I get the chargeback reversed? For any help I will be forever grateful.

-Thomas H.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.