unauthorized charges by google/play

ssmuskie
Contributor
Contributor

Last week I was not even home for half the day i get home and look at my email with many emails saying my paypal is being charged 99.99 FIVE times paypal did not allow the first four but let the 5th one go through, i have a fixed and very limited income and did not have 99.99 to cover these fraudulent charges. Bank has undid the NSF charge but now the money is not back into my bank account yet when paypal reversed the charges 5 days ago my bank is saying i will be getting daily charges after today what do I do?? paypal and now google is denying they have any resposability for my lost moneys, google is saying i do not have a wallet account so it can not be them that made the charges but paypal says it is google/play, amazing how multi billion dollar companys seem to have a need to **bleep** over the little guy, as soon as this is dealt with i will be deleteing my paypal account so this cant happen no more.

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

jtaylo24
New Community Member

I got hit yesterday 10 times with unauthorized charges to "Google Play" however have confirmed with Google that these did not come from my Google Play account. Definitely fraudulent. I hope you get it worked out soon. I hate this!

Login to Me Too

ssmuskie
Contributor
Contributor

I am now being charged DAILY fees by my bank , paypal wants to "loan" me funds for 21 days but will retake any money from my bank account so looks like i will be out any more bank fees because PAYPAL allowed fraudulent charges to go through ,again the rich get richer and the poor get poorer, amazing.

Login to Me Too

wsolo
Contributor
Contributor

I just resolved this issue for myself. I woke up at 2am on 8/22/14 to SEVEN emails, each saying I authorized a payment of $19.99 to Google Play. Of course, I freaked out. First thing I did was change my PayPal password, and the emails/transactions immediately stopped. My bank and Paypal were NOT available by phone at 2am, so I went to Google Play and chatted online with a person.

THEY SAID: We have nothing on our end showing you made these purchases. "This is definitely a cause for concern."

I also logged into Paypal (with new password) and clicked on each Google Play transaction (all were pending at the time,) then clicked "View billing agreements" and clicked cancel for each one. This was all I could do till the morning when Paypal was available.

In the morning I spoke to someone at Paypal who quickly cancelled the transactions for me. The girl on the phone said the steps I took were good and that I did her "job" for her. She was very helpful. She also said Paypal isn't responsible. But Google says they aren't either. It's nice that they communicated WITH ME, but those fools need to communicate WITH EACH OTHER. Ugh.

Login to Me Too

bobgail
New Community Member

I bought a game for my Grandson on his Samsung Galaxy, I paid through Pay Pal, the game cost $8.99, now i have 2 more transactions on my Pay Pal one for $10.99 and one for $19.99, all payments to Google, I spoke to Pay Pal and they said I had a billing agreement with Google, I don't know what they are talking about, they suggested I change my password and they cancelled the billing agreement, do you know what they speak of and do you have a number I can ring as Pay Pal will not refund my money.

Login to Me Too

ssmuskie
Contributor
Contributor

POSITIVE update to this mess paypal has refunded my minimal dollar amount my bank ended up charging me for the unauthorized charges, I am still a bit put off by all the bs but the cheerful and understanding customer service rep had made my day.

Login to Me Too

Exire
New Community Member

Ditto. I just got charged $10 for a Google Play service. There was not warning email or notification that google would be auto-enrolling me into some service.

This is a shady thing that is happening from Google...

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.