transaction clarification question

randallxski
New Community Member

I'm a PP newbie trying to figure out what some transaction wording means, and I have't been successful yet.  Perhaps you can help me figure out how to read a few transaction history entries. 

I have 2 donation entries from the same PP account for the same amount ($300) a few days apart.  The first one has has a Type of "Donation Received" and a Status of "Cleared", and a few days later the other entry has a Type of "Update to eCheck Received" and a Status of "Cleared".  How much money would you expect to come from this account?  If they are both "Cleared", would you expect a total of $600 donated?  Does the "Update" refer to the previous transaction even though it looks like it's already cleared and paid? 

Thanks for any help you can provide!  Sorry if this was already answered somewhere.  I wasn't able to find anything.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Pikaboicu
Contributor
Contributor

I am not 100% positive but that all reads like the same transaction to me... Is there a transaction number that you can compare? Or is the name of the donor listed? You could verify for certain that it's the same donation, using one of those comparisons.

I'm fairly certain that is the same transaction as it normally takes several days for an echeck to clear- Smiley Happy

CHEERS

Login to Me Too

randallxski
New Community Member

Thanks.  I'm leaning that way as well even though the transaction numbers are different.  I just wish there were clearer clues. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.