statement- too much $ being sent to bank account

ACS318
Contributor
Contributor

i'm very new at paypal- only had 2 transactions in the past few months. 

+145.84.

Suddenly i get an email saying i have $345.54 available in my funds to transfer to my bank of america account.

what does this mean? where did this money come from?

sorry if this is obvious- amateur user here.

thanks!

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PayPal_Marily
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hello ACS318,

Welcome to the Community! Smiley Happy

If you received an email that looks like it was sent by PayPal and you were not expeciting a payment, it may be a spoof email and you can forward the email to spoof@paypal.com. 

When you receive a payment it would show right away in your PayPal transactions. You should log in to your PayPal account and review your transaction history to see if you received a payment. 

Here's some helpful informaton on how to determine Is this email from PayPal?

If you still have any concerns about this email or the payment, you can contact us directly by clicking on the "Contact Us" link in the Help Center or on Twitter or Facebook.

I hope this helps!

- Marily

Login to Me Too

ACS318
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for your help, Marily! I don't think that these are spoof emails. They are all verified PayPal email addresses.

My question might be more about how PayPal works in the sense that I don't understand how I was able to send so much money to my bank account, when I didn't think I had that many funds available on PayPal in the first place. Meaning, the amount of transactions I've taken part in don't add up to mean that I would receive that much money. Not sure if I'm making sense here. But I'm assuming that PayPal wouldn't let me send money to my bank account that I didn't actually have, right? Thanks in advance!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.