scammed with unauthorized transaction

Blackeyes01s
Contributor
Contributor

Ok so here is my story.

I have been selling virtual goods on the internet for about a month now.Ive got a pretty good reputation on a forum, alot of POSITIVE feedbacks and no negative at all. A few days ago i sold my services to another guy, everything was fine untill 2 days after i notice he claimed an unauthorized transaction with me, which was the one we did 2 days  before. 

Now my question is, i provided paypal with enough evidence, skype conversations, the guy e-mails  that he has sent to me, the EXACT date, the NOTE in his payment process on paypal, the links to my thread, everything, and still, the guy WON the case and took off my money i worked for. how in the world can that be possible? how in the world? also as far as i know THE PAYPAL RULES - there is also NO protection for buying virtual goods, is it!? how did i lose that case even with all my evidence? i got scammed and he took off the money i worked for and paypal is sustaining the scammers. i really expect a good answer on this as i got no answer on my case, they just closed it and gave the guy his money back.

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

there is no SELLER protection for intangible items.

so if a buyer files non receipt of item then whilst they have no buyer protection (ie paypal won't refund them) it does not mean that the buyer won't get a refund if paypal can accrss funds from a sellers paypal account.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Blackeyes01s
Contributor
Contributor

ok, then how can i prevent this happening in the future?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Not sure you can if you are selling intangible / digital items as you always sell them at your own risk.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Blackeyes01s
Contributor
Contributor

well, ive been thinking of something and i came up with this

i recently had 2 more customers, but, before we did the transaction i put both of them to send me an e-mail from the EXACT same e-mail they have registered with their paypal adress. That way i can confirm that they are the owner of the account and i should be able to win ANY unauthurozied case that they might claim after. 

The problem i encountered is both mails have different IP adresses they are coming from, the normal e-mail the guy sent me had an ip adress from USA or something and the e-mail i got from the paypal payment had an ip adress from germany. whatsup with that?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

good idea, worth a try and will certainly reduce risk  Smiley Happy

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Blackeyes01s
Contributor
Contributor

i still dont get why the 2 e-mails i get have different IP adresses.

the one from paypal(after the buyer has paid) has a different IP than the mail sent from the buyer

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.