receiving payment

tstraub67
New Community Member
I recently sold something on eBay and payment was to be through PayPal, and on eBay it said the item was paid for, and on PayPal it says the payment is pending, I shipped the item yesterday by myself without printing a label off PayPal website and did not use a tracking number, when will I get the buyers money put into my account?
Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor

It depends on exactly what kind of hold it is, but it doesn't help that you don't have a tracking number.  That is one of the key variables involved with releasing holds...proving that the item has been delivered.  So you don't have a tracking number at all, or you just didn't enter it into PayPal?  If you have one, enter it into the transaction details and that will help.

If the user leaves a positive feedback on eBay that could help, too, but that usually only helps with eBay holds as opposed to PayPal holds.  

If you can't provide proof of delivery and no feedback gets left then you'll probably have to wait the length of the hold, which could be 21 days or more.

Angell EYE - www.angelleye.com
PayPal Partner and Certified Developer - Kudos are Greatly Appreciated!
Login to Me Too

tstraub67
New Community Member
I don't have a tracking number at all, I packaged up the item wrote down the buyers address and my place of employment mailed it out for me using UPS ground and then the cost of mailing it will come out of my paycheck so I don't know if there's a way to find out where the package is
Login to Me Too

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor

If your company shipped it with UPS then there is a tracking number.  Figure out who the person is that ships stuff like that and they can look it up for you I'm sure.

Login to Me Too

tstraub67
New Community Member
Alright thank you! After the buyer receives my package I sold them will the payment be out into my PayPal account and then it won't say pending anymore?
Login to Me Too

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor

It depends on what kind of hold they have you on.  It could be that your PayPal account as a whole has a rolling hold associated with it, or it could just be that the eBay sale was flagged to be held, which is just a random thing.

If you have a rolling hold on PayPal then the funds won't be available until that hold time ends.  It could be 7 days, 14, 21, or whatever that hold is.  You would have received an email at some point explaining all about this if that was the case.

If it's just an eBay hold then funds are typically released within a few days after the tracking shows delivered. It definitely helps if the buyer leaves positive feedback, too.  Then the system knows the buyer has their item and they're happy, so there's no reason to keep holding the funds.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.