"This person does not accept this payment method"...how do I fix it?

nandor1
New Community Member

I have been sending numerous payments lately through my paypal account in order to help finance a short term venture that is nearing conclusion.

This was going well, as I had sent out 10+ payments.

But lately any attempt to pay a user, whether with "pay friends" or "pay for goods or services" has been held up and greeted with a message stating "this user does not accept payment through this payment method".

At first I thought it was the receiving end's fault, but even a user who before took multiple payments now gets the same message.

Is there a way to pay people that gets around this message? Is there something off with my settings? It seems like my account is clean, I have enough money in my bank to warrant my level of spending.

How do I fix this?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sandypurins
Advisor
Advisor

Some PayPal users have their payment receiving preferences set to not accept payments originating from the "Send Money" tab.  To send money to these users, you will need to ask them to send you a PayPal invoice or a "Request Money" transaction.

~Sandy

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.