"Theres a problem adding money into your account"

Chris247
Contributor
Contributor

So after emailing and replying Paypals so called support I have now come to live people (hopefully). I am frustrated as all three times they have sent "How to add money to your account" which I know how to do. So I figuerd i would ask you what can cause this and is it fixable? I am not able to call any of their numbers since I litterly live in the middle of no where with bearly any phone service. So I just fill it out, I have tired 25 times to add money with diffrent numbers with no luck. Just keeps saying "Theres a problem adding money into your account". I have tried it on Firefox, Chrome, IE, Safri with still no luck. I have checked the resoluton center and nothing is holding me back there.

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Think i am live.................      Smiley Wink

OK can you say what funding sources you have linked to your paypal account?

And what funding source you are trying to use to add funds?

Secondly can you say "why" you want to add funds? Unless you have a negative balance surely you don't need to??

Oh and what country are you in?

I give up my time to help you so a thank you or kudos would be cool.

Marking one of my replies as a solution would be appreciated if I sorted your problem.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Chris247
Contributor
Contributor

Thank god, I knew their was someone out their LOL. I have my NBT bank hooked up savings account. I wanted to add funds so I could purchase something online. I am new to paypal too, so certin things are new to me. I am in the united states BTW. So you could still bid/buy with no funds, buy the item and then add funds later?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

OK things may be a tad different as i am in the UK but work through these >>>

1. You never need funds in your paypal account balance to buy stuff. Paypal will take from whatever funding source you have linked to your paypal account.

2. HOWEVER if you ONLY have a bank account then they may not let you continue unless you have a back up card linked to your paypal account as well.

If you have a bank account AND card then you can just pay and it will be taken from your bank account BUT if you want to use your card instead you just click on "other funding options" during the payment process and select your card instead.

3. The only thing i am not sure about is whether you can use a "savings account". Savings accounts over here may be different than yours though so i would add a card first and see then if it sorts your problem and you can pay.

4. Normally folks only "add funds" to their paypal balance if that is there way of budgeting OR they have to resolve a neg balance.

5. If you have a bank account / card combo linked then just go ahead and buy (as long as you have money in that bank account....LOL) and paypal will deduct from your bank account.

6. Sometimes you may not see the funds leave your bank account for a while and that may seem odd as the seller has been paid and your account states completed, but this is because paypal CREDIT the seller and then paypal take the wait for the funds to process through to paypal to pay them back again. This is so you get your item quickly.

7. Still with me? Finally when you go to pay it will always tell you where the funds will be deducted from under the actual amount before you click submit and as i said you can change it to a card if you want to.

8. Oops forgot one. If you ever have funds in your paypal account from buyers paying you or some one sending you money then paypal would always use that first and then go back to your bank account when those funds are gobbled up.  

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Chris247
Contributor
Contributor

I dont have a credit or debit card from the bank, probably should go get one more or less a debit. I still dont get what the problem is adding money, their is funds in the account. Its got me stumped.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

As i said you cannot add funds to your paypal account balance OR use funds in your paypal account balance UNLESS you have a back up card linked to your paypal account as well as a bank account.

*****************************************************************

Marking one of my replies as a solution would be appreciated if I sorted your problem.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Chris247
Contributor
Contributor

Well somthing is really fudged. If thats the case then why was I able to add money from my bank account to paypal without a backup card? I only put however much I need to buy something in the balance. I was able to buy something with just the bank hooked up. Now its turning into a nightmare, I have $14 (again I only put however much i need into the account) and I just won a bid for $32. Should be interesting what happens. However, I have a feeling thats why its giving me the error. I have to have a backup, Plus my profile is only 60% complete. As i dont have a credit/debit card.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

They may allow you to do it a couple of times as they give you time to sort out your account but normally you hit problems if you don't have a back up card.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

platoform
New Community Member

Thank you , I will try this.  The PayPal error message should tell us this.  It would save time and confusion.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.