"There is not enough money in your PayPal account to send this amount." Error

creepycute
Contributor
Contributor

hi there,

I just made a purchase through ebay and went to pay. The only option was paypal and that is fine with me, I always use paypal to pay. But guess what? I got this gem of a message:

"There is not enough money in your PayPal account to send this amount. Please add money and try again.

Return to eBay
Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Is your PayPal Account verified?

Login to Me Too

creepycute
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, it's been verified. I've shopped online with it before and never had this problem.

Login to Me Too

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

As your account is verified (a good thing) and I don't think it's a cookie issue (although you could try deleting your cookies, temp files and history), your best option would be to contact customer support and ask them to look at your account.  No one here can do that.  You need to speak with a person so calling is your best option.  (Yep, it's a hassle but, more effective than emails.)

Login to Me Too

profdata
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

I beleive there was a glitch yesterday.

I tried to use a ebay/paypal gift card on Tuesday, and it would not let me, Wanted me to use my bank account.

I was finally able to use it by  clicking on a different link from the ebay page.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.