payment

colin1978
Contributor
Contributor

Hii have a receipt from paypal  do I take this receipt in to western union and it will make payment from <removed> to Shipping Agent 
<removed>
<removed>,
<removed>
United States   as I am un shaw what to do and will i get my payment for the item i sold as its pending 

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@colin1978

DO NOT PAY ITS A SCAM.

THIS IS A TYPICAL PAYPAL SCAM.

They encourage you to use paypal.

You will get/got a "fake" email that looks as though it is from paypal.....it isn't.

It will say the buyer has paid ...you won't have been paid.

If the item requires shipping they will tell you that they will pay you extra and you must pay the agent via western union / moneygram BEFORE the funds are released to you.

They are not interested in the item, they just want the western union etc funds and you will never see money in your paypal balance.

They also threaten legal action...have a laugh at that one and ignore it as its rubbish.

Paypal NEVER tell you to send an item before the payment is showing in your paypal account.

Paypal NEVER expect you to use a rival money transfer service eg western union or moneygram.

Delete any emails and ignore the scammers.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

colin1978
Contributor
Contributor

yes thats excatly what thay have sed there saying that thay ar out at see and cant get to a western union to make payment to the shiping company and that thay will put the money in and for me to go to the western union then i will get my funds/ THANKS FOR YOUR HELP 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@colin1978

Smiley Happy

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

colin1978
Contributor
Contributor

this is one of the emails      Hello Colin,

I am sorry for all this. I would have consider sending the payment to the shipper myself but i could not find any western union location here at the sea, also i can't find any post office here. i am not sure why you haven't gotten the confirmation email from PayPal as i have the receipt here already. Have you check your inbox or junk messages?

I have quick access to my PayPal from here and that's why i made the payment to your PayPal account. Also if i send the payment separately, PayPal will require a payment charges so i have no choice than to send the payment once which is £1,235.00 GBP. I have been organizing so many things from here even my kid's Birthday present as i couldn't go for holiday, please understand i am not here on the sea for holiday, i worked here as an oceanographer and i have been so busy.

Please be rest assured the payment will be release in your account as PayPal just re assured me that they will do that once they verify that the third party transaction which is the shipping agent fee has been sent through western union as stated in the payment receipt. So go on to arrange the shipping agent's payment today and forward all details on the western union to PayPal before anything. I really need a fast response from you as i will have to open a dispute at PayPal/eBay because of the delay. I'll wait to read from you ASAP today.

Regards,
Pat.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@colin1978

Yep standard SCAM.

They are either at sea working OR disabled or whatever other reason they can think of.

Just ignore them, if you have no money in your paypal account balance then you HAVE NOT BEEN PAID.

http://www.actionfraud.police.uk/news/alert-online-scam-involving-gumtree-paypal-and-western-union-o...

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

colin1978
Contributor
Contributor

yeah nothing in my paypal account just the so cald recepit thay sent me THANKS FOR THAT MUCH APRECEATED 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.