overcharge?

tipsypenguin
Contributor
Contributor

I ordered an item from dx.com for $7.15 but my card shows a pending charge of $22.15.  why is paypal trying to charge me $15 extra?  I've ordered things before and have never been charged extra.

Thanks

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Unfortunately no one here can answer that question as we can't view account info, we can only guess.  It may have been a mistake on the merchant's end, or the pay button was hit more than once, or something else.  Have you checked the with the merchant or seller to see they are aware of any issues.  After that, you should contact PayPal's Customer Support as they can view account info.

Login to Me Too

tipsypenguin
Contributor
Contributor

I received emails from both paypal and dx.com right after the perchace stating that I had only been charged $7.15 so I'm not sure why an extra $15 was added.  I guess it's possable that it's just a card check but why would it be so much?  I didn't login to my paypal account when I payed I just entered my credit card info like I have done dozens of times.  never been charged extra or even had  a $1 card check which is why I'm a little confused.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.