money received vs. payment received

lizzyrook

i sold a few diapers on a bst site on facebook. i sent requests to everyone buying a diaper. everyone has paid but 1 transaction says money received and the rest say payment received. when it says payment recived it gives me an option to buy postage and ship. there is nothing like that in the money received transaction. can anyone explain the difference? 

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@lizzyrook

Not totally sure but it sounds as if the "money received" one was a personal "gift" payment using the friends / family option to send the money.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

lizzyrook

that was my original thought buy paypal is charging me a fee...which i didn't think happened for friends and family.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@lizzyrook

Friends / family payments are ONLY free if sent from someones paypal account balance OR bank account via instant bank transfer. If they use a debit or credit card then you are charged a fee.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

lizzyrook

thanks. she said she sent it as good and services. i've actually found other transactions in which it says money received and not payment received but there's always been an option to ship. she said she has 2 addresses saved in her paypal account. could that be why?

Login to Me Too

Nagai
Contributor
Contributor
I wondered about this too. I think the difference is this: When you send an invoice to someone, either through EBay or Directly through PayPal - you get a Payment (of your invoice) If someone pays you without you first sending an invoice it is "Money l" received. This is, at least, what the evidence from my account suggests to me.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.