linking a bank account

randyrandom
Contributor
Contributor

hey i linked my bank account to my paypal my bank account is overdrawn but my paypal has $400 dollers on it would the 2 small depoists still go through without a problem i wanna put the money on my paypal into my bank first time linking a bank account and my bank is overdrawn 30 dollers

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@randyrandom

Should be ok as they pay IN the 2 deposits and don't withdraw them.     Smiley Happy

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Frank
Administrator
Administrator

Hi randyrandom and kernowlass,

In some countries, the random deposits will automatically get pulled back out of the bank again once they have been deposited.  But this typically does not cause any problems.  Hopefully you have already been able to link the bank account so you can transfer the funds.

Also confirming a bank is typically only needed for transferring funds from the bank to PayPal.  If you are confident that the correct routing and account numbers have been entered, you should be able to go ahead an initiate a transfer from your PayPal to your bank without needing to wait for the random deposits.   We usually recommend waiting for the random deposits first to make sure we have the correct bank information on file and transfers are working.

I hope this helps. 🙂

- Frank

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.