friends and family scam

pavgou12
Contributor
Contributor
Okay. So iv been looking for answers and know one can answer it so please just give a straight forward answe.Mr. I found a guy on instagram selling something i wanted. He sated send the money family and friends so he could save money . yes I know it was wrong ....... I sent the money and he disappeared . it's been 20 days no word or item . I contacted PayPal and I guess they froze the money in his account and are disputing it or something ..... My question is .... If he doesn't answer or get back to them will they give me back my money Or will they unfreaze the money in his PayPal and I don't get my money back . I know it was stupid but I'm tiers of waiting for answers. It was a lot of money a d I'm upset . so like unsaid . . my question is. If he doesn't answer to the dispute or whatever will PayPal unfreaze the money in his account a d give it back to him or will they give it back to me and is there nothing I can do since it was family and friends ... Thanks
Login to Me Too
11 REPLIES 11

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

It is buyer's choice to pay for something with friends/family option; neither seller nor PayPal can force that type of payment.

It is buyer's reponsiblity to udnerstand PayPolicies about purchases and to only pay for goods/service with the correcton option.

Login to Me Too

Twelvelber
Contributor
Contributor

WOW, do you work for PayPal. I get it. But explain why PayPal takes NO action against a criminal , thief, a dishonest person on PAyPal, explain that to me. I suppose this has not happened to you because you read all the fine print.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.