eBay purchases always fail

theta
Contributor
Contributor

I have a key generator for PayPal. Every time I purchase an item in eBay using PayPal, the purchase gets stalled and times-out when the system asks me to log into PayPal (twice for eBay purchases). The actual login on the PayPal site makes an attempt, but never comes back logged in (and doesn't get to the part about asking for my key code). All other purchases from OTHER sites all work fine every time. This has been going on for almost a year. I have made many calls to both eBay and PayPal about this bug. When will eBay/PayPal fix this bug?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

You mean a password generator and the password don't work at PayPal.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

theta
Contributor
Contributor

I use a Security Key code generated by a battery-powered dongle from PayPal - it's two-factor authentication together with email and password. The Security Key Code request (after attempting to log in) never appears when purchasing via eBay, so purchases cannot be made.

Login to Me Too

theta
Contributor
Contributor

ALso should mention. eBay asks for the PayPal login credentials, including the Security Key code. That seems to work, but the next step is to re-direct me to PayPal and then I have to put the login email and password AGAIN. So I'm asked twice to login to PayPal. The "real" login on PayPal is where it fails to ask for the Security Key code.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.