duplicate invoice number?

rachirache
New Community Member

has anyone ran into the duplicate invoice problem? i've tried to place an order about three times, every time paypal refuses it due to the duplicate invoice. any ideas hoew to fix this?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor

If you're trying to place the order and you're seeing this error then the merchant you are attempting to purchase from needs to fix it.  It's not something you can fix on your end.

With any PayPal transaction you can specify an invoice ID to use a reference for the transaction.  The merchant you're purchasing from must be including this value in the payment request to PayPal.  If the same value is passed that has already been used previously, though, you will see this error.

The merchant could fix it by adjusting their invoice IDs to use a range that has never been used in their PayPal account, or they could also disable the option to block duplicate invoice IDs from within their PayPal account profile under payment receiving preferences.

Angell EYE - www.angelleye.com
PayPal Partner and Certified Developer - Kudos are Greatly Appreciated!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.