buyer reversed payment

kristopher_93

So I sold an item on ebay a little while ago and when I recevied the payment I sent him the item. However, after logging in yesterday I saw that he reversed the payment and he got his money back even though I sent the item and according to the tracking number provided it was delivered to him. I tried to open a dispute in the resolution center but, it said the transaction ID for the reversal is invalid. I try to contact paypal via the message sender but, they just told me to open a dispute. I am not sure what I am suppsoe to do so hopefully I can get some insight here.

Thanks.  

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

What are the details of the trancstion on your account summary and details pages?

Did you use the ID number that is associted with th reversal?

Login to Me Too

kristopher_93

Yes. I did use the transaction ID that was linked to the reversal when trying to open a dispute. It said it was not valid. 

When I click on details it just says the amount reversed and the fee. It also lists the person who reversed it.

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

For the most current and accurate information, just give PayPa customer service a call.  Click on the "contact" link at the bottom of the page and go from there. Make sure you use a one-time passcode for quicker access.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.