bank verification problem

gdion2011
New Community Member

I wanted to link my bank account with my paypal so that I could just transfer money into my bank account. The prompt told me that inorder to confirm my bank, there would be 2 statements in my bank account that I would need to check in 2-3 days that I would need to type into paypal to verify my account. I found the statements from paypal, however, there are 3 not 2 money amounts, and all 3 are deducting from my bank account. Am i going to be reimbursed this money?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Olivia

Hi gdion2011, and welcome to the forums! 🙂

The random amounts for bank verification are deposits to your bank account, not withdrawals. The two amounts are very small - typically a few cents or so, and once the confirmation is complete they are taken back out of your bank account.

If you're seeing unknown transactions on your statement, I'd suggest loading your transaction history and comparing the activity on there with the activity on your bank account. If you've made purchases using the bank or a debit card associated with the bank account, they should match up on your statement.

Please let us know how that works out!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.