any additional fee by credit card payment to e-bay purchase

masa103710
Contributor
Contributor

Dear All,

Although I am sure that this question is one of very common one, please allow me ask here because I can not find a definitive answer from my searching ability.

Please let me make an example case:  An art frame is on sale with 10K USD on e-bay.  I plan to buy it and to make the payment via PayPal with credit card.  The seller won't add any additiona charge for PayPal payment, so the price is 10K USD.  PayPal gives me three payment options such as, bank transfer, debit card and credit card.  Here the question is, when I make the payment of 10K USD by VISA card, how much will be charged on my credit card bill?   just 10K?  or 10K + X%?

I found that, when a fund is tranferred (sent) instead of a purchase payment, a credit card payment will make an additional charge for the payer.  Are all payment in e-bay regarded as purchase payment regardless that a seller is a private one or a store?  Credit card companies always charge their commission fee (to the seller end) whatever transactions is made.  I am afraid that their commission fee will be charged in e-bay with PayPal. 

Best,

Masa

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

ShiraYuki
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

no additional fee , it's the seller who'll pay for the 2.9% + 0.30

Login to Me Too

masa103710
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for your quick reply!    

Could you let me ask one more question?   As far as I understand, the same charge (2.9% + 0.30) will be applied to seller's side regardless that a buyer use any of bank transfer, debit card or credit card.  Is it correct?   Or the charge to a sellar will be different according to the payment option which a buyer choose?  If the charge stays the same amount, how a credit card company get their commission fee?  From PayPal?

Best,
Masa

Login to Me Too

ShiraYuki
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

whatever payment method you use it’s free to use PayPal to buy something unless it involves a currency conversion.

Login to Me Too

masa103710
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.