********* and ********** scam???

Hello!

I'm from Norway and have been scammed by a guy named "*******" and a guy named "********" via a norwegian sale site similar to your craigslist, called finn.no. Has anyone been scammed by them before?? 

I've lost some money because I fell for their tricks. They started by telling that they've paid for the items through PayPal and then I recieved a mail from "PayPal" saying that they need money transfer information through Western Union. I've read a lot of similiar scam troubles. And I've fell for one of the scam tricks. Anyway I found out quite late that this whole thing was a scam and here is what so called ********** said:

This is Ridiculous!

I have been using PayPal to buy and sell for years
now on Craigslist and even on eBay and i have never for once had
problems. the money has been deducted from my account and it is ready
to be credited into your account but you will have to transfer the
money before they can credit your account. I am very sure that the
money will be released into your PayPal account immediately you
transfer the money No worries ok? also i have my own job i work as a
marine engineer so tell me why on earth will i try to scam you? also
the payment is made via an international PayPal which they do not
receive call but you can only email them, so i will advice you right
now to transfer the money now so that they can release the pending
money into your account because the money you have with them is huge
enough to make a living .. let me know when you transfer the money..

Many Thanks

Regards

Have you guys been scammed by these two before?? Or maybe a similar story??

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

THIS IS A COMMON SCAM, THOSE ARE 100% NOT LIKELY TO BE THERE REAL NAMES AND THEY ARE PROBABLY SOMEWHERE IN AFRICA EG NIGERIA      >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Scam.

Be VERY careful selling large items if the buyer is keen to use paypal and states they are working abroad or sending to a friend etc and need a shipping agent to pick it up. They often say they are in the services or a marine engineer etc and can't access any other payment method.

You then get a FAKE paypal email saying you have been paid extra so you can pay the shipping agent for them via western union / moneygram and the payment is released to you after you have done that.

It is a scam to get that western union / moneygram payment, they don't want your item and the shipping agent is just a scam to get that payment.

Paypal would never expect you to use a rival payment service.

Paypal NEVER tell you to send an item before the funds are showing in your paypal account balance. 

Paypal would NEVER tell you to use a rival payment service to pay a buyers postage costs before you have even been paid.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

plein01
New Community Member

*********** have make an request to me, of baying a Looper pedal.

Payment trough PayPal. And a lot of rubbish talk about sending money to him via western union wire, to an agent in Finland.

Name: ********
                                               city :   Vantaa,
                                               Zip Code:  01601.

This is simple crime, and I hope everyone look after this kind of transaction.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.