account number

bretpee
New Community Member
I am trying to order something over the phone using my PayPal account where can in fine the account number to make the payment over the phone. Or is there no number and can only be used to purchase online items
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

There is no account number per say - PayPal transactions are based on your email address.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7
Solved

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

There is no account number per say - PayPal transactions are based on your email address.

Login to Me Too

bretpee
New Community Member
Ok thank.you
Login to Me Too

burkhardt62
New Community Member

my guess is when you have a pp debit card that is my account number? you can order one.

Login to Me Too

brettcody

Trying to find this myself. EVERY PayPal account that has a debit card has a routing number and an account number. The routing number for the Business Debit MasterCard is **removed**, I just haven't located the account number yet.

Login to Me Too

lfoster21

I am in the same situation...I have the routing number but can not find my acct. number. I've called 2 different depts. of Paypal and both said there was no routing or acct. number.  But I know they have a routing no. because I have it. So confusing.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Andy

Hi all!

Just to clarify this situation, there is no account number associated with the PayPal Business Debit MasterCard. All banks have a routing number, and since the card is issued by a bank that's why you would have a routing number. But there isn't an account number as it's not exactly tied to a bank account.

If you're trying to make a payment over the phone using the card or something like that, you would use it just like a normal credit/debit card. Meaning you'd need the 16 digit code from the front and, most likely, the 3 digit code from the back. Nothing to do with a routing/account number.

Hope this clears things up!

- Andy

Login to Me Too

ajjpv4
Contributor
Contributor

How would I do a balance transfer if I dont have an account number to give to my bank

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.