Your bank declined your electronic funds transfer

Dream_Fox
New Community Member

so i just got an email saying

"

Sent: Monday, June 4, 2012 8:26 PM
Subject: Your bank declined your electronic funds transfer

Hello xxxxx xxxxx,

You recently attempted to transfer funds from your bank account.
Your bank has declined the funds transfer because your account did not have sufficient funds available. We will automatically re-attempt this transfer in 3 business days. Please fund your bank account immediately to ensure this transaction can be completed.

-----------------------------------
Transaction Details
-----------------------------------

Transaction Type: Instant Transfer payment to xxxxxxxx@xxxxx
Transaction ID: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Transaction Date: May 30, 2012
Transaction Amount: $20.93 USD
Reason:
Your bank reported a problem. Please contact your bank's customer
service. If you still need assistance, you may contact us at
xxxxxxxxxx."

but on my paypal page it says

"

Date: May 30, 2012
Time: 12:34:56 PDT
 Your transfer from your bank account to your PayPal account is complete.

"

so according to paypal.com (and it looks like in my bank history by text but the website is down so i cant be sure) it took my money. but the email said that i didnt have enough, but it took out money for transactions past the 30th that i did

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Olivia

Hi Dream_Fox, and welcome to the forums!

Are the two notifications referring to the same payment? If there were multiple payments made, the first notification may refer to one and the second may refer to another.

To aid in discerning what goes with what, go to your transaction history select All activity. Then find the original transaction. You should be able to expand the related activity by clicking the plus sign next to each transaction. It will help you see which bank transfer matches which payment.

If you need assistance separating out the information you're seeing, a call to Customer Service may be helpful.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.