'You must add funds to your PayPal account before sending more money'

ossigeno
Contributor
Contributor

We have a PayPal business account and use PayPal subscriptions to send us money.

We have many subscribers existing and new but a lot of customers who want to subscribe are experiencing this message when they try to signup the PayPal subscription. They all have cleared funds in their accounts far in excess of the subscription amount.

We have been through PayPal Business Support, PayPal Customer Support and PayPal Technical Support. No real troubleshooting nor outcome, they are all just too eager to pass us on to the next department or person, say nothing is wrong or cannot help because of privacy of the customers involved.

Customers have been through PayPal Customer Support and also get no where.

Has anyone ever found a solution to this or had proper troubleshooting from PayPal?

Customers have no sending limits on their PayPal accounts.

We have no restrictions in our Payment Receiving Preferences.

They are able to pay us in PayPal using the Send Money function.

Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9

JohanHK
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I don't understand why i can't pay with paypal now, it worked everytime before. I'm having this message and don't know how to get rid of it, i have a cerdit card in my verified business account.

You must add funds to your PayPal account before sending more money.

I'm trying to send 360 euros to a provider, i have 240 euros on my account and a credit card to fund the rest but it's not working. Earlier today i paid 580 euros without any problem. My visa is platinum business, the limets are high so that's not the problem.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Are some of the buyers that are having problems international?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

ossigeno
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for reply. They are all in same country as us.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Frank
Administrator
Administrator

Hi everyone,

As you may have already guessed, this is a technical issue on our end that is affecting some payments. 😞 Our engineers are working to fix this as soon as possible.  Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.

- Frank

Update: To clarify, this is an issue with the incorrect error messaging being displayed when the payment is being blocked for other reasons.  The specific reason for why the payment cannot be sent may vary depending on the account.

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!
Login to Me Too

Gyarados
Contributor
Contributor

Just some background information: Okay, so I recently purchased a Moneypak card with $28.00 USD (along with the $4.95 service fee), in order to buy currency in an online game I play. When I added the funds to my account (which is a new account), it asked for my Social Security Number, and although I was "iffy" about it at first, I decided to go ahead and do it anyway. Also, my account is unverified, as I did not wish to provide any further information, and I figured that any money I put on my account I would use Moneypak to do so.

But now here's my problem. When I try to pay for my product, after I select the buy option, and pay with Paypal from their website, it takes me back to Paypal, where I log in to review my information and what-not.

When I press "Pay Now" or "Continue," it tells me "Error - Return to merchant and try a different payment method," "This payment cannot be completed and your account has not been charged. Please contact your merchant for more information," and "We are not able to process your payment using your PayPal account at this time. Please return to the merchant's website and try using a different payment method (if available)."

So I return to the merchant website and ask them about it, and they say to try and send the money to their Paypal account, and they give me the e-mail for their account in order to send the money to. Now before I continue, let me say that I have checked my limit on this account, and it tells me that my limit is $28.00 USD, and my account balance is $28.00 USD. Now back to my explanation of my problem, after I fill in the e-mail of the merchant, the amount I want to send, etc, I press continue and it tells me "Error - Send money" and "You must add funds to your PayPal account before sending more money." I do not understand why it tells me that I must add funds, because I have a balance of $28.00 on my account.

If anyone has had similar problems and knows of a solution (besides verifying my account, although I have looked around and apparently that might be the only solution) that can fix this problem of mine, I would be very grateful to hear your thoughts.

Login to Me Too

SamNicole
New Community Member

Please Paypal!Take a quick action With this Problem...Im running out of time to pay my credit..Please. Please.Please

Login to Me Too

basketballdad
New Community Member

I have a balance of more than $200.00 in my new PayPal account, as I received it a payment from a friend. The balance shows up in my PayPal account.

HOWEVER, when I try to send this money to my wife's account, it says I must add money to my PayPal account first. What? There's already money there, and it's nowhere near my $2,000 limit. 

What's going on? I need to transfer this money quickly. What am I missing here?

Login to Me Too

skag

PayPal must fix error You must add funds to your PayPal account before sending more money.

My friend also have this issue!

Login to Me Too

ossigeno
Contributor
Contributor

Hello Frank,

Thank you for your reply. It is difficult to have much faith in this issue being acknowledged or rectified. I have been through all the avenues available at PayPal and can say the consistent theme is one of nobody cares or has much knowledge of the PayPal platform.

This issue aside , the long term solution I feel is for Amazon Payments, Google Wallet or another player to offer a credible alternative to PayPal and when they do they will quickly take market share. Only then PayPal senior management may look at what went wrong with their business, I can tell them already - the customer care experience is dire.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.