Withdrawal request is been processed 24 hours email

richy456
New Community Member

I have withdrawn money from paypal, recieved email saying it will take upto 24 hours. I have looked on my paypal summary and it says pending. Will my money be in my bank in 24 hours???

Login to Me Too
14 REPLIES 14

tisiphone36
Contributor
Contributor

This wasn't on Ebay.  I do not buy or sell on Ebay.  It was an invoice for a sale within a small sales group I am a member of within the FB community.  There was no issue with the payment.  Payment was completed and funds were available within my account. We only sell via invoice and only to those with good feedback.  We are very careful.  

Login to Me Too

WipedOut
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

tisiphone36,

Gotcha about your business and glad to hear you guys are focused on keeping transactions on the up and up.  What I was referring to as a possible fraudulent flag could be something as simple as a person paying you while using the tor browser or leaving their work VPN connected and the payment gate seeing the transaction as coming in from 4 states away than where it should be coming from.  Happens all the time.  Back in the old days this model for fraud prevention worked but now a days with VPNS and revolving router protocols the systems typically freak as they weren't designed for the user to be using those networks while on the payment gateway.  

Login to Me Too

tisiphone36
Contributor
Contributor

She actually paid once she got home from work.  We will see what the actual issue is soon. I have had paypal doing all sorts of crazy stuff tho lately so this doesn't really surprise me. Once I actually have a definitive answer I will be sure to share it.  

Login to Me Too

tisiphone36
Contributor
Contributor

Ok my issue was resolved.  In my case, they acknowledged I was right, canceled the transfer and credited my account.  The reason they acknowledged I was right was because two withdrawels I made today were completed immediately. They never could explain why the system requeued the transaction so I can't give a definitive answer as to why this happened. As far as I can tell it was just an odd occurance.  There was no issue with the funds or my bank account.  It was completely random.

Login to Me Too

WipedOut
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Glad you got your money back but again I am reminded PP will do what PP wants to do.  The money, your money, is still sitting in their money market account right now earning them interest while the transfer you wanted did not take place and the funds were simply put back in your account where they wanted them to rest.  It is ultimately bad business to refuse to give someone money they worked for and deny them the way they so choose to spend it.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.