Withdrawal request is been processed 24 hours email

richy456
New Community Member

I have withdrawn money from paypal, recieved email saying it will take upto 24 hours. I have looked on my paypal summary and it says pending. Will my money be in my bank in 24 hours???

Login to Me Too
14 REPLIES 14

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Money will not be in you bank account in 24 hours.  If there are no issues and all goes smoothly, it will take several days to complete.

Login to Me Too

Rommelviaje
New Community Member

It's been more than 24 hours for me. . . withdrawal still pending.

Login to Me Too

tisiphone36
Contributor
Contributor

I am experiencing this same issue.  In my case I made a withdrawel to my bank yesterday and one today.  The one today is completed.  The withdrawel transaction made yesterday is still pending. I spoke to PayPal Customer Service and they stated that for some unknown reason the system requeued the withdrawel quest.  She had to submit a request to a higher up for them to look into it.  Perhaps this is the same thing that happened to you.  I would call Customer Service.

This was very unusual for me as usually when I make a request to withdraw I see funds appear in my bank account within 24hrs of my request

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

I take it you guys are in the UK as that is a place where I heard withdrawls to bank usually take 2 to 24 hours.  Wished they transfer that quick in the US.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

tisiphone36
Contributor
Contributor

I'm within the US actually and mine have always happened within 24hrs.  At least with USAA.  When I banked at US Bank it did take a bit longer.  I think it somewhat dependent on the bank.  In my experience within the US, the withdrawel requests are usually completed within the hour and I see my money the next day in my account.  That is why I became concerned and called paypal to only find out that for some odd unknown reason the system requeued my request.  

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Ahhh, I see. Good to know, thanks.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

WipedOut
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

" some odd unknown reason the system requeued my request.  "

I have to give it to PP, that was a creative response though not very probable.  There is no human interaction on ACH transfers under $950 so like normal PP is just dragging their feet.  Can I ask if it was a transfer of over $1000? I am guessing USAA has a special partnership with them because you may be ex-military but the money transmitter agreement says 2-3 days is what they are to required to provide.  The 2-3 days does not count the normal 12-24 hour processing by your bank.

Login to Me Too

tisiphone36
Contributor
Contributor

I thought it an unusual answer too.  No the transfer was small.  Just for $41.25.  I have no clue as to what is going on with their system.  She couldn't really give me a satisfactory answer as to why yesterday's withdrawel transaction is left pending in my account while today's withdrawel already is marked as completed.  All she could state was it had been requeued by the system for some unknown reason and she would have to submit a ticket.

Login to Me Too

WipedOut
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

What would make sense to me is if you had sold something on eBay or accepted a payment for a service and the charge was marked as possibly fraudulent, doesn't mean it is....just means the computer used for payment or the credit card company found the purchase to be out of character.  You will know if this is the case if after 48 hours it is still left pending.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.