Will paypal cancel the pay after delivery?

Ems5509
Contributor
Contributor
I ordered something off ebay, and the shipping was already 14.90.. when the mail man came to deliver it there was an 18 dollar postage due on it. I would have to pay that or they couldn't leave it and would send it back to seller. I refused the package because I would never pay a total of 32.90 for shipping for a used toy and it just didnt seem worth it. I didn't know there was going to be an extra charge. The tracking on the package shows I refused it. I opened a case with ebay, but they sided with the seller and closed the case and said my refund would not be refunded. I've contacted the seller and they won't get back with me. My ebay account is automatically set up with pay after delivery. I've emailed paypal about the situation 2 days ago and I still haven't received a response from them. I guess I should just try calling them. My question is, should paypal cancel that pay after delivery? I don't have anything in my possession and the tracking proves I refused it. If I don't get this settled, I will have over 50 dollars taken out in a few days for something I don't even have.
Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Ems5509

As the dispute was found in favour of the seller then yes.

Was it an international item?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Ems5509
Contributor
Contributor
No it wasn't international. I have no idea why shipping was so expensive. The toy wasn't even that big or heavy.
Login to Me Too

Nil_Einne
Contributor
Contributor

I'm surprised that PayPal who are generally known to be buyer friendly would side with the seller when the extra postage was disclosed up front presuming the seller was offering to ship to your location for the price you mentioned. Unfortunately as has been said, there's nothing much you can do once PayPal have sided with the seller and since you're using pay on delivery that means you don't have a credit cards protections to fall back on.

Login to Me Too

ShiraYuki
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

@Nil_Einne 

It's ebay who sided with the seller , we need to wait for the OP to give us update

Login to Me Too

Nil_Einne
Contributor
Contributor

It's even more surprising they would side with the seller then if the seller was offering delivery to the sellers location for the set fee and didn't disclose there would be additional charges.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Ebay and paypal cover you for items not received OR items received but not as described.

As neither of these apply they could not find in your favour.

The item DID arrive but you refused it so to be honest at that point it was always between you and the seller.

Buyer protection is never 100%.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

rhienz03
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

A tracking that shows it's been refused is not valid proof of delivery. If you have opened a case on eBay, and they are the ones who sided with the seller, you can directly contact customer service and have them file a claim for you. Once a claim has been filed, as long as it's not yet fourteen days since you made the purchase, the scheduled payment will be frozen until the case closes.

Most Disputes and Claims representatives are very accomodating. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.